How popular are private swimming pools in Texas? Just searching for “Homes for Sale with Swimming Pool in Houston” generates more than 1,000 listings. It’s clear that a backyard pool is a desirable feature in a state with hot and dry summers.
If your home doesn’t have a swimming pool yet, you may be thinking about adding one. However, affordability can be the biggest obstacle for homeowners dreaming of their own backyard oasis. Luckily, a swimming pool loan can turn your dream into reality.
Benefits of Owning a Swimming Pool
In a climate like Texas, you don’t have to limit your pool use to Memorial through Labor Day. Extend the season by a month or two for more hours of fun and exercise.
In addition to that specific benefit, here are the primary reasons homeowners choose to install pools:
- Convenience: If you and your family love to swim, nothing beats having a pool in your own backyard. You don’t have to pack a big bag of towels, snacks, and changes of clothes. And when you need to use the bathroom, your own clean and private space is just inside.
- Exercise: Yes, you can lie around on a giant float and soak up the sun, but swimming pools are also a great place for exercise. Teach your kids to swim and enjoy a low-impact, cardio workout yourself by swimming laps.
- Stress Relief: Sitting outside with a cold drink is the perfect way to relax and unwind during the summer. When your outdoor area includes a pool, you can enjoy stress relief just from looking at the water, and of course from swimming. Even after the sun goes down, imagine stargazing with your legs dangling in the nice, cool water.
- Recreation: More than anything else, a pool is a place to have fun. With a private swimming pool, you can host get-togethers with family, friends, and neighbors. Watch your popularity soar!
- Cool Off in the Heat: When the sun is beating down on you, nothing is more refreshing than jumping into a pool.
- Attractive Landscaping: A well-designed pool can become the centerpiece of your landscape design. Many pools are connected to decks or patios.
- Possible Increase in Your Property Value: There are never guarantees when it comes to real estate but adding a swimming pool to your home has a good chance of increasing its value. Look around your neighborhood--if most of the houses have pools, your home will fit in better with its own pool.
Why Finance Your New Swimming Pool?
Unless you have thousands of dollars lying around in cash, you’ll need help paying for part or all of your pool. A swimming pool loan is a term loan with a fixed interest rate, making the regular monthly payments easy to budget for. In the meantime, you can start enjoying your new pool.
Types of Swimming Pools
- Concrete and Gunite: This the most expensive option, but also the most durable. Gunite pools are completely customizable.
- Fiberglass: These pools are prefabricated offsite and installed in your backyard. Fiberglass pools tend to be less expensive in the long run.
- Vinyl-Lined: This type of pool is the most affordable upfront, but keep in mind that the liner will need to be changed every five to nine years.
As you can see, a swimming pool requires a significant upfront investment. Using a swimming pool loan to finance it will free up cash for maintenance and related expenses.
Central Bank of Houston is Your Swimming Pool Lender
As a longtime community bank serving the Houston metro area, we understand the attraction of a swimming pool. The lenders at Central Bank provide friendly and personalized service, a fast and easy application process, and several locations in Houston. Apply now for a swimming pool loan in Texas. Or, to learn more about swimming pool loans, you can get more details on our Pool Loans page, give us a call at 832.782.5270 or visit our West Houston location.