Joined by big names like USAA and American Express, Central Bank of Houston has one of the highest NPS scores in the industry. We are proud to be recognized for our personalized service and devotion to our customers. We will use customer feedback to continue to exceed your expectations and provide the features you’re looking for in a bank.
What is the Net Promoter® Score Methodology?
Since 2003, Net Promoter Score® (NPS) has been used by companies from a variety of industries. Its power is in its simplicity: A one-question survey with answers on a scale of one to 10. The NPS survey asks, “How likely is it that you would recommend us to a friend or colleague?”
Respondents are categorized in four ways: Detractors (three and under), Neutral (four to six), Passive (seven and eight), and Promoter (nine and 10).
A company’s NPS score is calculated as the percentage of promoters minus the percentage of detractors. The more promoters you have, the better, as they are the “loyal enthusiasts” who will recommend your company to family and friends.
How Central Bank of Houston uses NPS
In a recent survey of our commercial customers, we asked three NPS-inspired questions to be answered on a scale of one to 10. The average response rate for these questions is 10%, but our customers had a response rate of 22%. The questions we asked were:
- Overall, how satisfied are you with our banking products and services?
- Generally speaking, how satisfied are you with our people?
- How likely are you to refer Central Bank to a trusted friend or colleague?
We also asked survey respondents to select from prefabricated answers to the following two questions:
- What is important to you in choosing a bank?
- How does Central Bank measure up?
Central Bank sent the survey to all of our commercial customers. We are very grateful to those who took the time to respond and provide useful feedback. The results and positive feedback will be shared with the entire Central Bank community.
Our NPS Score and Survey Results
We discovered that an impressive 83.87% of our customers identify as Promoters. Overall, our NPS score is 77.42, more than twice the current average of 34 for the financial services industry. This makes Central Bank of Houston one of the highest performing banks in the industry.
- Our commercial banking customers love us, especially our people. While our products and services were rated highly, 9.2 out of 10, our employees received a phenomenal 9.52, meaning the vast majority of respondents rated them nine or 10.
- The two most important factors for our customers’ satisfaction are “Fast, efficient help on the phone” and “Friendly, helpful and efficient service.”
- Customers also value our relationship-oriented approach to banking. Having a relationship with an officer was rated 9.42 on the scale of importance.
Grow Your Business with Central Bank
Founded in 1956, Central Bank of Houston is a community bank offering financial services to business and individual customers. Throughout our history, change has been critical to our success. We are always trying to evolve our service, technology, and products to keep up with the latest trends. Most of all, we value long-term relationships with our customers. All of our personal financing and business loan products can be customized to fit your individual needs. Give us a call anytime to speak to a real human who takes pleasure and pride in delivering excellent customer service.